Call Center Operations Manager Atlanta, GA
The principle purpose of this position is to provide management and leadership in the on-going operations of the centralized Call Center for Kaiser Permanente-Georgia Region. Enhances Kaiser Permanente's ability to achieve market share in order to become thepreferred health care organization by providing disciplined and principled leadership, clear direction of priorities, coordination and evaluation of services provided. Delivers call center performance metrics by engaging a 5-member supervisory team and a 100 member phone and scheduling support team in reflecting the service and quality and efficiency aspirations of Kaiser Permanente, GA. Assumes financial accountability and authority for the operations within defined parameters. Operates and thinks from a strategic prospective. Maximizes customer satisfaction, cost effectiveness and productivity in the areas of: appointment phone operation centralized scheduling, health plan information and achieves Patient Satisfaction and Quality targets for the departments. This leader must be able to develop, motivate, and inspire supervisory staff to achieve service excellence goals. This position will routinely interact with a diverse group of internal customers that include information technology personnel, physicians, shop stewards, and labor management.
- Provide leadership for centralized phone operations, including appointment scheduling and coordination with medical advice.
- Assures members receive appropriate, accessible primary care and specialty services through the appointment making and advice process.
- Manage service level to meet goals of 80% calls answered in 60 seconds or less and an average speed of answer of one minute or less. Partner with learning and development to achieve a 95% quality score.
- Achieve member and patient satisfaction in accord with regional goals and standards.
- Develop and maintain a competent and professional staff in a culture which maximizes a sense of staff having influence over their work in accord with regional goals for People Pulse. Create safe and secure environment where harassment is not tolerated. Foster environment that encourages and supports influence and involvement at all levels.
- Budgetary accountability for operating plans and outcomes that support operational goals and objectives.
- Supports implementation of the Region's strategic plan achieving targeted measures of success; actively support and participate in cross-functional planning&quality measurement activities.
- Regulatory and accrediting agencies - inspections, compliance reviews and surveys as needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize, deploy and motivate diverse project teams.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Collaborate with key physician leaders and key stakeholders including Chiefs and Department Administrators of Call Center/After Hours Care, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, OB/Gyn, Behavioral Health, Specialties and Ancillaries.
- Provide leadership to handle crisis situations, maintain calm solution oriented approach when responding to emergency situations and our calls.
- Participate and co-chair on Labor Management Partnership teams.
- Participate on Inter-regional teams and site visits.
- Function in the role of Call Center Director in their absence.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum ten (10) years of management and supervisory experience to include involvement with significant volume in phone
operations; demonstrated leadership ability with proven record producing results, satisfying customers, reaching performance goals
and motivating and incenting a large staff required.
- Minimum five (5) years of interpreting or using quantitative reports to measure and evaluate department and individual performance
- Minimum two (2) years using call routing, IVR or CRM related technology to manage goals and targets.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration or related fieldOR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and manage performance and outcome metrics.
- Experience with planning and implementing performance development plans at the supervisory level and below.
- Minimum three (3) years of health care management experience preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience managing supervisors and teams with ten (10) plus members preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in broad change leadership preferred.
- Master's degree in business administration, health care administration or related field preferred.
Primary Location: Georgia,Atlanta,Regional Office - 10 Piedmont 10 Piedmont Center
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: m-f
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Customer Services
Public Department Name: Contact Center
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements