Staffing Coordinator Operational Resource Management Atlanta, GA
The Coordinator, Operational Resource Management performs a variety of reviews, evaluations, and analyses of temporary replacement staffing assignments, schedules, reports, systems to meet HCT, Department and Operational Resource Management department objectives as requested. Recommends, implements new and improved systems, methods and procedures to accomplish needed tasks. Supports external and internal customers, conferring with Nurse Managers, Operational Managers, Department Directors, and staff to obtain suggestions for improvements. This requires assessing and appropriately using replacement staff utilization. Utilizes designated database for staffing templates and supporting documentation. Evaluates replacement staffing patterns and makes recommendations to improve customer service and overall productivity. Assists with the coordination of staff orientation and training as requested. Assigns and coordinates seven days a week placement of Operational Resource Management staff and agency personnel to meet the temporary staffing needs of the HCTs, Departments, medical centers and regional offices. Includes: process staffing requests, schedule assignments, vacation time off, and orientation schedules, monitors staff hours, and provides management with information to assist in assessing future staffing needs. Provides on-call staffing coverage on rotational basis during non-office hours to include evenings, weekends and holidays. Exercises discretion, resourcefulness, and judgment in fulfilling work assignments in collaboration with Managers and Directors in meeting staffing goals and replacement needs. Additional duties as assigned.
- Analytics: Utilize the staffing, scheduling and operational systems used to support the Operational Resource Management department. Provides data to Operational Resource Management to ascertain staff replacement projections and replacement needs. Provides the Operational Resource Management with scheduling and assignment data and assists by tracking patterns and trends. Confers with management to obtain suggestions for improvements, such as modifying existing procedures, using alternate replacement methods, or introducing new staffing approaches, forms, reports standards, or systems. Demonstrates ability to assess assignment evaluations, customer and staff feedback.
- Staffing and Scheduling: Performs reviews, evaluations, and analyses to ascertain replacement staffing needs to meet organizational objectives. Recommends new or improved standardized methods and procedures to accomplish needed tasks. Performs daily/weekly/monthly confirmation of staff schedules to employees. Maintains employee information database in Staffing computer system. Cross coverage as needed within department to cover staffing, scheduling and payroll processing. Serve as an advisor and resource to management, supervisors, and front-line staff to complete ongoing gap analysis identifies process, system and needs that will aid in improving resource management. Partner with management to forecast staff resource needs based on current/ future business needs. Monitors adherence to established criteria for staffing resources. Receives staffing requests and schedules staff for assignments. Monitors staff schedules to ensure each staff member maintains eligibility, to provide continuity of care and service to requesting Managers by adjusting and modifying employee schedules. Assists in scheduling same day staff coverage. Maintains ongoing communication with Managers for staffing problem- solving and assisting in resolving scheduling operational problems related to effective assignment of Operational Resource Management personnel and adjusting for cancellations and changes. Reviews schedules with staff and Managers. Records and monitors staff attendance and informs Operational Resource Management of employee's status. Schedules via scheduling system approved employee vacation, leave, and holiday requests. Receives and organizes employee time cards for payroll.
- Administrative: Copies and coordinates distribution of feedback information to staff and Operational Resource Management team. Facilitates recognition for ORM staff that have been acknowledged by Directors, Managers and coworkers. As directed by Operational Resource Management, assists in the coordination of individual orientation and training schedules for new and returning staff, coordinates with Human Resources, Training and Development, and Managers (for on-site locations). Assists Operational Resource Management in investigation for joint staffing problem solving to enhance customer satisfaction. Prepares, types a variety of letters, reports, minutes, agendas, schedules, and distributes as required. Directs and advises staff, customers, and other visitors to the Department and provides information and assistance including resolution of problems. Prepares documentation necessary to support programs, policies and procedures; contracts, and agreements. Reviews Agency invoices, codes hours/dollars to correct HCT/Dept. for payment. Researches and assist Operational Resource Management to resolve problem invoices. Reconciles KP funds accurately, consistently, and timely as requested. Performs temporary relief/support in a variety of areas/performs related multi-skilled duties and responsibilities, special projects, and investigations as assigned. Inventories and orders department supplies. Maintains Operational Resource Management employee files, and time card files. Travel to Medical or Regional facilities may be required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working in a high volume staffing office with hiring, employee and account management, and payroll responsibilities.
- Minimum two (2) years large scale healthcare scheduling systems.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working within a pool/interim staffing setting.
- Associate's degree in related field OR two (2) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, automated scheduling systems with typing of 45 wpm.
- Ability to prioritize independently and work with limited supervision on tasks that require attention to detail.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and analytical thinking.
- Planning and organization skills; must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize competing business demands.
- Customer service aptitude demonstrated through Customer Service Assessment.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
Primary Location: Georgia,Atlanta,Regional Office - 9 Piedmont 9 Piedmont Center 34
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon- Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 1996
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Public Department Name: Operational Resource Management
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements