Occupational Health Technician Certified Antioch, CA
Certified Occupational Health Technicians provide specialized screening tests mandated by State or Federal regulations. These are fee-for-service testing that are based on letters of agreement and contracts with outside clients and are not covered under KP Health Plan.
- Communicate with employers and/or Workers' Comp insurance carrier in order to obtain authorization/claim status for treatment plan, test results, and respond to inquiries in regard to Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Services.
- Provide support in coordination of care to Physicians and patients.
- Answer calls, schedule appointments including specialty referrals, and register patients based on facility/clinic protocol.
- Submit reports to employers, insurance carriers, case managers and utilization review companies.
- Coordinate OH&S Services and maintain records and database.
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) data extraction.
- Make available recent tests/diagnostics/consults for physician review.
- Schedule equipment maintenance and inspections as needed to comply with legal standards.
- Provide training to new hires, may include verification and tracking of certifications of staff.
- Obtain basic history, and medical information, and take vital signs. Assess and prepare for provider needs for patient examinations and procedures including all responsibilities within Medical Assistant scope of work.
- Administer intramuscular, subcutaneous and intradermal injections, and medication by inhalation under authorization and supervision of physician in accordance with State of California law and prevailing Kaiser Permanente agreements and protocols.
- Perform phlebotomy, visual acuity or color testing, urine specimen collection following DOT, and DOT iCup regulations and/or chain of custody requirements, urine dipstick testing, EKGs, treadmill preparation, audiometric screen, spirometric screening, breath alcohol testing, and N-95 Fit Testing.
- Provide patient and room preparation for medical procedures and tests including post exam supplies.
- Provide wound care, removes sutures or staples from lacerations and/or incisions, dress wound as appropriate.
- Provide off-site OH&S services as necessary.
- Enter and reconcile services performed into internal database (STIX) for billing by regional office.
- Order supplies and equipment.
- Maintain any other occupational health related testing in which certification may become required by State or Federal Regulations.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum two (2)years (minimum of 1,000 hours per year) of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant within the last three (3) years.
- One (1) year of experience in an occupational health clinical setting within the last three (3) years.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor/Management partnership environment.
- High School Diploma/GED
License, Certification, Registration
- Medical Assistant certified as specified by the Medical Board of California. In addition, current certification in at least three (3) of the four (4) certifications to administer the following screenings:
- Spirometry Screening (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) approved)
- Audiometry Screening Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC Certified)
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Breath Alcohol Testing
- DOT Urine Drug Screen Collection (including iCup Drug Testing)
- Any other Occupational Health related services offered in which certification may become required by State or Federal Regulations will also be required to be obtained based on department operational need.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification
Primary Location: California,Antioch,Antioch Sand Creek Medical Offices 4501 Sand Creek
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 8
Working Days: Mon
Schedule: Short Hour
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Patient Care Services (Non RN)
Public Department Name: Occupational Health
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements