Clinical Nurse Specialist Labor and Delivery Antioch, CA
Please be aware that this position is currently under review as part of the jurisdictional process with the California Nurses Association to determine whether such position should be assigned to the CNA bargaining unit. This review is on a position-by-position basis and includes an analysis of the actual duties performed in each position under review. This determination will be made within the next several months. Should the determination be made that the position does belong in the CNA Bargaining Unit, the incumbents shall have the option to convert to bargaining unit status if his or her position is deemed to be bargaining unit work as a result of this review. In the event that the incumbent does not opt to convert to bargaining unit status, such position shall be continued as a nonbargaining unit position until vacated, at which time it shall be posted, dependent upon the Employer's continuing need for such work, as a bargaining unit position. Provides in-depth clinical expertise in a defined area of nursing practice (eg., pediatrics, oncology, adult medicine). Develops and ensures quality standards for nursing practice for a specific patient population. Provides advanced clinical practice education, consultation, research and administration.
- Establishes and monitors care standards and makes recommendations for changes in area of clinical practice. Collaborates with nursing staff in assessing patient, family age-specific nursing needs and develops plan of care for complex high-risk patients. Evaluates the effectiveness of the care provided.
- Designs teaching programs for patients/families and provides assistance to nursing staff in program implementation. Develops interdisciplinary plans of care for complex and high risk patients. In conjunction with members of the health care team, assesses staff knowledge and identifies competency-based education needs of staff and members. Designs and implements education programs to ensure the quality of staff knowledge and skills. Introduces new techniques/innovation based on advanced practice trends. May serve as a preceptor to graduate healthcare students.
- Provides consultation to physicians, nurses and other heath care providers in meeting care needs of individual or groups of patients in both outpatient and inpatient settings. Makes recommendations to change standards of care or standards of practice based on own research or the research of others. Defines and implements best nursing practices.Assists in interviewing staff and provides input into evaluations regarding clinical competence and provides coaching and counseling.
- Participates and consults in setting the direction for QA&I monitoring, establishing standards and evaluating outcomes. Collects and analyzes data regarding patient care outcomes, trends, morbidity and mortality.
- Accesses KP Health Connect to evaluate the quality of care provided. Uses KP Health Connect to manage clinical operations. Monitors quality, appropriateness, and accuracy of KP Health Connect documentation. Maintains role specific KP Health Connect competencies.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in area of specialty required.
- BSN required.
- Clinical master's in nursing, in area of specialization, is required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- California Clinical Nurse Specialist Certification in area of specialty required.
- Current BLS certificate required.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in area of specialty.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist experience preferred.
- ACLS or PALS Certification preferred.
Primary Location: California,Antioch,Antioch Medical Center 4501 Sand Creek Rd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: MedFac-Education & Training
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements