Staff Nurse II Emergency Department Antioch 24\Eve Antioch, CA
The Staff Nurse II provides and coordinates emergency nursing care for patients for a designated time frame. Participates in patient/family teaching and provides leadership in working cooperatively with members of the health care team to maintain standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- MSE reflecting sound clinical knowledge & judgment, & consistent w/Standardized Procedure & State/Federal regulations.
- Provision of competent Emergency nursing care, for all ages, acuities & conditions in the population the facility serves.
- Works within scope of practice, including standardized procedures, & communicates clearly w/all members of health care team.
- Completes duties w/regard to safety practices & policies, including infection control, workplace safety, & management of aggressive behaviors.
- Provision of care is consistent w/EMTALA, Nurse Practice Act, Title 22 & other applicable regulations, including patient confidentiality & risk management.
- Proficiencies in emergency responses such as resuscitation/codes, hazmat response, & emergency childbirth.
- Proficient in the use of computers in documentation, tracking, conveying information.
- Teamwork w/all internal & external departments & agencies involved in the provision of care.
- Medication administration & management including titrating infusions & pediatric medications.
- Requires dependable attendance to scheduled shifts & required staff development.
- Maintains all required licenses, certifications & professional development/ continuing education requirements per department & facility standards.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual & cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement & patient advocacy.
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care in collaboration w/the health care team.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, & continuous manner.
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs & available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment, & supplies.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by all health care team members.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs & implements appropriate measures.
- Documents patient care & unit activities in a timely, accurate, & concise manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of & applies safety principles as identified within the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, & documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility & accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates in department & interdepartmental Performance Improvement activities as directed.
- Delegates appropriately & coordinates duties of health care team members.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions w/patients, families, & all members of the health care team.
- Establishes effective working relationships w/members of the health care team, patients, & families.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- This job motivates & provides work direction (direct, check, review, assign, organize & coordination) to LVN's, ED Technicians, unit assistants, etc., but does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline.
- One (1) year of recent (within the last three (3) years) experience as a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program & completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student clinical experience OR Graduate of registered nursing program & either: 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care & has worked 2000 hours as a licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation or currently enrolled in an accredited entry level MSN program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice nursing.
- Successful completion of, or enrollment leading to successful completion of, the KP Emergency Nursing Course w/ preceptorship, or equivalent training, or equivalent experience.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in California.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for health care providers.
- ACLS & PALS certification required within six (6) months of date of hire into ED position; TNCC, if required, within one (1) year of date of hire into ED position. Depending on the facility, TNCC or NRP may also be required for this position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers).
- Demonstrated effective written & oral communication skills (in English).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Primary Location: California,Antioch,Antioch Deer Valley Medical Offices 4501 Sand Cree
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 24
Working Days: Week 1: Thu, Fri, Sat; Week 2: Sun, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: California Nurses Association
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Antioch Medical Center - Emergency Dept.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements