Department Manager Leader Radiology Kaiser Antioch Medical Offices Antioch, CA
Manages 24-hour departments providing patient care services. Ensures staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused services to members across the continuum, which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical standards of care and practice; responsible for all resource budgeting, selection and development.
- Manages the operations of 24-hour departments that may be at multiple locations. Ensures Assistants and staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors budgets for the appropriate use of human and material resources. Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff. Ensures on going staff development. Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Oversees and develops standards of care and standards of practice, directs fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of nursing experience in both patient care and management/leadership roles required.
- Minimum four (4) years of previous supervisory experience required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS certificate required.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, federal regulations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- BSN OR BA in health care related field strongly preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
Primary Location: California,Antioch,Antioch Deer Valley Medical Offices 4501 Sand Cree
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Radiology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements