Home Health Physical Therapist U3 PD Lancaster, CA
In accordance with agency policy and state/federal regulations, provides independent, age-appropriate physical therapy to patients in their place of residence. Teaches patient/family and caregivers preventative and rehabilitative procedures. Develops and coordinates the plan of care and provides case management.
- Evaluates patients and interprets evaluation findings to determine the nature and extent of dysfunction.
- Establishes treatment goals and plans treatment to achieve established goals.
- Initiates discharge planning for physical therapy.
- Implements the plan of care through direct treatment of the patient, delegates a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel, and coordinates the treatment program with other health care personnel as appropriate.
- Provides advice and education to patient and family.
- Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patients towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment.
- Discharges patient from physical therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit from physical therapy.
- In accordance with agency policy, provides accurate, timely documentation of physical therapy patient management.
- Participates in appropriate and approved educational and clinical research activities in physical therapy.
- Participates in specialized patient care clinics outside the department.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and review of departmental patient care programs.
- Performs other duties as needed in the areas of staff education, departmental operations, and departmental projects.
- Supervises the work of Home Health Aides according to regulation and agency policy.
- Demonstrates on-going progress toward meeting the criteria for professional practice.
This is a Repost of 428972
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in physical therapy.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum with a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree with certification in Physical Therapy or foreign-trained equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current license to practice as a physical therapist in California.
- Current CA Driver's license&a clear driving record for the past two (2) years Proof of automobile insurance as required by law.
- Approved BLS.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required as of May 23, 2007.
- Clinically skilled to detect early warning signs of complications including medical assessments of skin integrity, mentation.
- Ability to differentiate emergent versus non emergent patient care status.
- Ability to look at patient holistically, not just body part or functional ability.
- Competency to remove staples/sutures in the home.
- Commitment to Service Orientation.
- Effective written and oral communication skills (in English).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in an automated clinical information system preferred.
- Computer literate preferred.
- Peds experience preferred.
- May be required to travel to Parent Office (Granada Hills).
Primary Location: California,Lancaster,Commerce Center Administration 1050A Commerce Cent
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Schedule: Per Diem
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UTSC / United Therapists of SoCal
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Rehab Services
Public Department Name: Home Health
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements