Supervisor Ambulatory Pharmacy Care (OCP 4820) Anaheim, CA
Under the general direction of the Clinical Operations Manager, is responsible for the supervision of pharmacist and non-pharmacist employees in Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services. Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws, regulations, and standards regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services and Divisional Pharmacy objectives, policies, and procedures. Assists the Clinical Operations Manager with the development and implementation of strategic initiatives. Performs other duties as required.
- Supervises, recruits, hires/fires, trains and manages/improves employee performance.
- Provides leadership and direction to Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services personnel/staff including evaluating and coaching.
- Develops a team of professionals who plan and implement departmental goals and objectives.
- Administers all departmental policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Operations Manager in meeting deadlines, participates on committees, and stands in as a representative of Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services, as needed.
- Assists with the development and implementation of CA division pharmacy strategic initiatives which are designed to enhance quality, improve member service, and enhance cost effectiveness.
- Works in collaboration with providers, department heads, and the Clinical Operations Manager to implement, evaluate, and improve quality management programs.
- Ensures high level of quality, competency, and accuracy by developing and maintaining quality assurance and competency assessment processes.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws, regulations, and standards.
- Prepares and/or approves the bi-weekly payroll, and monitors personnel utilization in accordance with the operating budget or workload requirements.
- Proposes, develops, and implements efficient innovations to improve the Ambulatory Pharmaceutical Care Services to meet the needs of KP members and physicians.
- Provides ambulatory care service backup coverage as needed.
- Degree in pharmacy required
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensure as a pharmacist in California
- Demonstrated self-initiative and innovation, and the ability to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of applicable state and federal pharmacy regulations.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in the clinical areas of practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of outpatient pharmacy operations, including professional, legal, business and public relations aspects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work as a member of a professional team.
- Substantial travel may be required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years Residency in Clinical Pharmacy or two (2) years directly related clinical experience preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of pharmacy management, supervisory and/or functional direction experience.
- Pharm.D preferred.
- PR# OCP-4820.
- Requires the ability to travel to other KPMCP and Non-KPMCP locations for meetings, ect.
Primary Location: California,Anaheim,Lakeview Medical Offices 411 N. Lakeview Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Public Department Name: Pharmacy Operations
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements