Asst Mgr Amb Care Dept Anaheim, CA
Assists an Ambulatory Care Department Manager by supervising assigned operations of a department providing ambulatory patient care services; ensuring that staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care and patient-focused services to members across the continuum which comply with local, state, and federal requirements; implementing and maintaining clinical practice standards, budgets, and staff development; delivering nursing/patient care services that add value, are integrated with business plans and meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical and utilization standards/performance measures.
- Supervises daily operations and ensures staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, NCQA, TJC, and federal, state and local requirements.
- Implements and maintains patient care and quality service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Recommends and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Assists in developing and monitoring budgets and resource allocations.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and recommends strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Assists in providing on going staff development.
- Implements and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organization's goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Collaborates with physicians, department chief and nursing manager in developing the appropriate level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in ambulatory care or other relevant healthcare experience requiredORminimum two (2) years in leadership capacity.
- Bachelor's degree required OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills; knowledge of ambulatory care practices/operations/issues.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with electronic health record as indicated within six months of hire.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience.
Primary Location: California,Anaheim,Lakeview Medical Offices 411 N. Lakeview Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri,
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Patient Care Services (Non RN)
Public Department Name: Primary Care Administration
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements