Appointment Clerk (Bilingual Vietnamese) Anaheim, CA
This position provides high level member assistance by scheduling various appointments requested, transferring calls appropriately, composing messages, and providing general information.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Operates in a high volume, highly structured call center environment by responding to incoming calls.
- Determines the type of appointment requested or needed, reviews scheduling mix of various physicians/providers, and them makes appointment utilizing appropriate guidelines.
- Prioritizes member needs and offers alternatives to members when appropriate.
- Utilizes superior customer service skills to provide service to members when diffusing difficult member encounters.
- Uses tact and diplomacy in handling difficult interactions with members.
- Determine if calls are urgent or emergent by listening to the member, following established guidelines, and then transferring the call to a Registered Nurse when appropriate.
- Composes messages for physician/providers, Registered Nurses or other medical staff based on member requests.
- Responds in a courteous and professional manner to general questions, using on-line databases to provide information to any member or other personnel calling the center.
- Identifies ways to improve quality of service to members and recommends steps used to accomplish these changes.
- Must perform all of the above duties while meeting established standard of performance for quality and productivity.
- Performs clerical duties which may include assigning new members a primary care physician, processing self-referral requests, calling patients and booking appointment for specialty appointments, calling members to cancel and reschedule appointments.
- Principle Job Duties and Skills:
- Answer incoming calls.
- Determine type of appointment needed, determine appointment availability and schedule appointments.
- Prioritize member's need and offer alternatives to member when appropriate.
- Determine if calls are urgent or emergent and refer to RNs as appropriate following established guidelines.
- Compose messages to providers or other medical staff based on member requests.
- Utilize databases to give information to members and other callers as requested.
- Refer members to eligibility department as appropriate.
- Notify members of appointment/scheduling changes by telephone as directed.
- Schedule, reschedule and/or verify appointments.
- Answer member inquiries.
- Contact appropriate department to obtain medical record numbers of new enrollees.
- Assist in resolving problems related to duplicate medical record numbers.
- Initiate change of physician requests.
- Initiate change forms for corrected medical record numbers.
- Verify and update member demographics.
- Perform on-line inquiry functions.
- Perform data retrieval of computerized data.
- Record and maintain activity logs.
- Clear paper jams and other routine maintenance of printers/copiers.
- Recommend procedure changes.
- Train and orient new or less experienced personnel.
- Serve as resource persons to co-workers and assist in problem solving.
- Perform other activities and duties as directed.
- Initiate telephone calls to physicians or other medical office staff when indicated to assist members.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
Pay Grade: 13
- Bilingual (English/Vietnamese) Level I required.
- One (1) year of customer service experience in a service related industry, preferably healthcare.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
License, Certification, Registration
- Effective telephone communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must obtain passing score on Customer Care Simulation assessment.
- The Customer Care Simulation assessment score must be current within one (1) year (contact Local HR Office for testing).
- Must be able to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must complete Service Orientation Assessment.
- As part of applicant process, must take Proofreading Assessment for non KP employees only.
- Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.
- May work Rotating Weekends and Holidays
Primary Location: California,Anaheim,Miraloma Call Center 4330 E. Miraloma Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Administration, Clerical and Support Services
Public Department Name: Appointment Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements