Accountant Associate Alameda, CA
Accountant Associates are responsible for the recording of daily transactions relating to cash transactions, accounts payable transactions, payroll transactions and premium and claims transactions, for the completion of accurate and timely accounting records and for the production of financial and regulatory reports, based on those records. Other responsibilities include performing account analysis, preparing account reconciliations, preparing accounting statements and reports, and coordination and management of account reporting and filings. Plans, coordinates and resolves accounting matters with other Accounting members, departments, locations and divisions. Accounting policies and procedures are established to ensure that all financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Findings and recommendations are presented to senior management.
HR Controllers Group provides Employee Benefit Accounting and HR Financial Risk Management functions related to active and retired employees as a shared service function to Program Offices, National Functions and the Regions. We are a growing shared service and are continually taking on new work.
Key activities include:
- Accounting for Employee Benefits and related transactions across all regions
- National Accounting policies and practices for Employee Benefit transactions
- SOX & Internal Control oversight across HR & Retirement Benefits
-Vendor Payments, Reconciliations, Relationships
- Multi-employer Pension & Health and Welfare Plan Accounting
- Data Mining & Data Integrity
- HR Shared Service Operations Financials
- Financial Reporting
- Record entries to and perform reconciliation of various routine accounts.
- Prepare various reports for management review.
- Review financial reports for accuracy.
- Provide analysis of various routine accounts.
- Recommend methods and procedures to improve task related activities.
- Provide support for internal and external audits, and Third Party Administrator's (TPA) data, and back-up support for creation of regulatory financials.
- Investigate issues and complete special projects as needed.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience performing detailed accounting functions including preparation of supporting schedules, journal entries, financial statements and balance sheets.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Strong spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing (Word) skills required, database (Access skills a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related
Primary Location: California,Alameda,Human Resource Service Center 1451 Harbor Bay Pkwy
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Accounting, Finance and Actuarial Services
Public Department Name: HR Benefits Accounting
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements